Best Laid Plans (RUMOUR)
Ok, here’s what came from some conversations I had this evening, with some people in and around this team.
1. The plan going forward is simple, Clouston is gone, and Murray IS stepping behind the bench, at the latest after the trade deadline, but likely much sooner.
2. Little Murray will be assuming the role of GM at the conclusion of the season, after the draft.
3. Big Murray remains on staff in a consulting role.
4. Some immediate changes to the roster are in the works, and will happen within a few days, but most of the change are expected to happen in and around the trade deadline.
5. Melnyk is putting his trust in the Murray’s to resolve the issues, and Clouston will take the fall.
Take it for what it’s worth, but it seems highly possible, if not likely, considering recent events and statements.
p.s. Leclaire pulls himself again…this guy is being tagged “headcase”.